Tuesday, 24 November 2015

Week 12 ~ Back to Square One (2.0)

Oh how life can be so cruel.  I dreaded writing this post.  All the fears I had at the beginning of this journey seemed to have come true.

Here’s my latest x-ray:


 It’s been 12 weeks (equivalent to 3 months) since my accident and I’m still not fully healed. 

The ortho has recommended surgery, but I had to convince him that I wanted some more time to heal.  I’m giving myself three more weeks to see some significant healing or else I’m going the surgery route.

I’m so disappointed by this.  I can’t really explain all the fluctuations in my healing and shifting of my bones in the last three months.  So many thoughts run though my head…(i.e. What if I had stayed in my cast longer?,  What if I had slept more on my back?)  I was given a new cast and rolls of cotton to place in between my arm and chest to help elevate the bones come closer together.  This was the same position I was in on day one.  It’s like the past 3 months never happened.

It was suggested I try a bone stimulator machine, but my insurance doesn’t cover it and it is way too expensive and there’s no guarantee that it will help.  I truly hope that elevating my arm will assist in a significant way considering this was the position I was placed in during the six-week mark, which resulted in good bone alignment.  


This sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment