Friday, 6 November 2015

Week 9 ~ Something happened on the way to heaven

Guess what.  I’m back in a cast.  Yep, after seeing the ortho, he looked at my x-ray and asked how long has it been since the accident.  “9 weeks,” I said.  “9 weeks or 9 days?” he replied.  

 
He didn’t tell me what was wrong (and inside, I really didn’t want to know).  He did say it was healing, but the brace was too short and my elbow needed more protection.  Therefore, I had to go back in a cast…




After writing the last few posts and being so happy, I’m now back to being entombed.  Being back in a cast also means more tape drama and no more showers.  But, the cast technician was nice enough (after hearing my moaning and groaning) to make the cast with lighter material by combining it with fibreglass material and not putting as much tape as he normally would (though as expected, that tape wore out three days later).

I take sponge baths now.  But I look forward to showers again one day soon.

Oh well.  What can you do? Frustrating? Yes.  But, I have to be optimistic that the progress I saw with my arm those last few days meant something and this is a minor setback.

No comments:

Post a Comment