Is there anything I can take to speed the healing? Maybe.
According to this article by Susan E. Brown, there are nutritional steps
and other ways that can accelerate fracture healing. Now, I assumed that increasing my calcium
through milk or calcium tablets would be helpful, but I was told by medical
staff that it wouldn’t. They said there’s
nothing you can take for bone growth, and with regards to calcium intake, this
article would agree in that sense…but, there are other things you can do to help. Taking important vitamins, exercising, and
increasing protein through supplements might actually be beneficial and speed
up your fracture healing. While I don’t
think I would necessarily try everything laid out in this article as you do
have to be critical about everything you read.
However, her arguments are convincing and it wouldn't hurt
taking at least some of her advice.

No comments:
Post a Comment