Wednesday, 14 October 2015

Week 7 ~ I can shower

Since the day I exchanged my arm cast for an arm brace, a bit of normalcy has returned back into my life.  It’s now easier to put on shirts; I can wear shirts that actually fit me; and I’m not bumping into door ways or having to walk sideways amongst crowds to avoid getting my arm crashed into.

But, the biggest change has been that I can now shower.  After 7 whole weeks/49 days/1176 hours, I finally had my first shower. 


It was glorious.  Showering was one of those little things I took for granted that I now truly appreciate.  However, for the broken-armed, it does take some planning and preparation if you plan on showering alone without assistance.  Slipping is probably the biggest concern.  So I suggest purchasing a slip-free bath mat.  If you’re wondering how I support my arm in the shower, I created a makeshift cuff & collar sling out of garbage bags and duct tape.


No comments:

Post a Comment