Wednesday, 16 September 2015

The Long Road




So the verdict is in…and it looks like it’s no surgery!  I was so nervous, but while the ortho was quickly scrolling through my x-rays I caught a glimpse of that near alignment of the bones and knew that something had improved.  Unless I do something to really mess up the alignment, I think I’m going to be okay.  Obviously I’m happy, as surgery could lead to infections and complications, but that means I’m taking the long way home to recovery.

I’m a frankly surprised considering all the accidental bumping into doorways I’ve been doing that my left arm has endured and shown improvement.  The one thing disappointing about this is that I have to stay in the same cast and sling.  The cast is still heavy, large, itchy and starting to show its dirrty side.  Three more weeks of suffering, but it’s a small price to pay and hopefully I get something new and less cumbersome to wear when I next see the ortho.

No comments:

Post a Comment